Want to add value to your home? Need to increase buyer interest for your home? Interior and exterior home painting in Charleston, SC can bring your home to life. Updating your home with a professional paint job is one of the quickest, easiest, and least expensive improvements you can make on your home. They also offer the best return on investment. Here are five paint projects you can do today to increase your home value.
1) Brighten the Trim With White- It only takes a little bit of time and a little bit of paint to refresh any room. Simply paint your trim with white gloss paint. While many people choose to focus on the walls, they forget the trim. Over time, trim can become cracked, dull, dingy, and scuffed up too. A quick, clean paint job on the trim will instantly brighten the room and make it feel crisp and clean.
2) Renew and Transform Kitchen Cabinets- Dated and worn out cupboards can really bring down the design of a home and turn off buyers. Don’t have the time or budget to put in new cabinets? You can bring them up to date with popular colors or make them look fresh with a simple coat of paint.
3) Go Neutral- Sure, you love that bright bold red you have in your dining room. Guess what? Potential buyers probably won’t love it. When people view your home, they want to be able to see themselves living there. They need to picture their furniture and belongings in the space. It’s unlikely they’ll be able to do that with unusual or bold color choices. Paint the walls a neutral color and you’ll quickly increase interest and increase home value. Choosing the best Charleston, SC home painter will help you get the job done quickly and beautifully.
4) Paint Exterior Trim- Dirty trim or cracked paint on your window sills ages your home. You can make your home look and feel brand new within a few hours when you paint the trim around your home. Consult a company who regularly does home painting in Charleston, SC to help you choose the right trim.
5) Paint Your Front Door- If you want to attract buyers or simply increase home appeal, painting your door is a great idea. This job is quick and easy, it also doesn’t use much paint. Remember, the door is the main focal point of any home. Make yours stand out with a fresh coat of paint in a color that catches the eye.
6) Paint the Exterior- If you have the budget and the time, a fresh coat of paint on the exterior will vastly increase curb appeal. Again, neutral colors or muted colors are best. You can even stick to the same color you used before, fresh paint will really clean up the exterior.
There are many ways that painting projects in your home can increase home value. Not sure you are choosing the best Charleston, SC home painter? Come see the experts at Herrick Property Services. We are family owned and locally operated painters here in the Charleston, SC area. With over ten years of painting experience, we’re happy to answer any of your questions. Call us today at 843-481-2727.